acer aspire e1 default boot device missing
1. doanload rufus
2. get a usb stick, insert into pc and copy all files to a folder in your pc – (step not mandatory but you may have some info on the stick you don’t want to lose)
3. start up rufus
4. in the new volume label – you should type: BIOS BOOT – step not mentioned in the video.
5. download the bios version from asus site for your laptop model, right click unzip here, then open up folder, in the folder you find an exe file, right click on the exe, unzip here too, select all files in the folder and paste into the newly formatted with rufus usb drive. – just as shown in the video.
6. remove, or safely remove usb stick from another PC, then insert into bricked acer. – acer state- powered off. – insert in ACER (BLUE color) usb port.
7. click on power button – you see the error message – boot device missing. – click enter and you are prompted with the disk options – mine were usb, cdrom, hdd, network.
8. I selected USB and was prompted with rufus prompt, or freedos prompt. – and I selected boot from hard drive, the other two options were – mini windows xp, and dos. – I think at this stage the bios was unlocked so after rebooting with the stick in you may want to try hitting F2 and it works
9. I managed to start up the old windows, previously installed on acer, at a second or third attempt.
10. once booted in that windows – since I previously had copied over the bios onto the usb stick – I launched the bios, pressed probably ok
11. remove the stick from acer.
12. the bios upgrade in dos after restart starts/started. – let it finish – 2-5 minutes
13. rebooted again, pressed f2 and it worked.- entered bios – as shown in the video – went to boot – changed to legacy.
14. rebooted again – old windows was working again. – at this stage presuming you can boot from anything.
– sidenote: I also had a hiren’s boot CD inserted. – you may want to write a hiren’s boot CD and insert it into the laptop cd-rom.
– download .iso and burn it.
again re-stating – YOU NEED THE USB stick – as described in the video HOW TO CREATE – AND also a HIREN BOOT CD. – YOU NEED BOTH (BOOTABLE STICK + HIREN BOOT CD)
THE BOOT CD SOLELY DIDN’T WORK. AND THE USB STICK SOLELY DIDN’T WORK. – IT MAY WORK BUT I DON’T GUARANTEE.
follow the steps above to create the USB stick – the BIOS file is optional – but you may encounter other issues – so it might be a better idea to get bios file from another laptop – if you download from the acer – the virus might corrupt it – I presume.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Mách bạn cách cách xóa header nhanh chóng
- Review cách phân trang trong excel và bỏ phân trang
- Hướng dẫn các bước đảo ngược vùng chọn trong Photoshop
- Cuốn cẩm nang hướng dẫn tạo USB cài XP+Windows 7+Hiren’s Boot đầy đủ nhất
- Đánh Giá & Trải Nghiệm Máy Bơm Lốp Xiaomi 70mai MiDrive – Bơm BWM 320i Một Cách Dễ Dàng!