►Read 23 Things to do in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam:
When I was in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), along with eating as much Vietnamese food as I could, one of my goals was to film a travel video about some of the best things to do in Saigon. After putting together a complete list, it turned out to be 23, and I hope this list of attractions will help and inspire you to visit Vietnam’s largest and most exciting city.
1. Binh Tay Market – Binh Tay Market is one of the largest wholesale distribution markets, and a perfect place to go if you’re looking to go shopping in Ho Chi Minh City.
2. Thien Hau Temple (Pagoda) – Located in Chinatown, in District 5, the temple is dedicated to Thien Hau and I really loved the sculptures and the elaborate design of the temple.
3. Museum of Ho Chi Minh City – This museum offers a glimpse into the history and development of the city and Vietnam.
4. Bitexco Financial Tower – This is the tallest building in Saigon, and you can either go to the Skydeck or a cafe at the top for a view of the city.
5. Independence Palace (Reunification Palace) – Probably one of the most well known tourism things to do in Saigon is to visit the Independence Palace, the the former home of the president of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War.
6. Saigon Cathedral of Notre Dame – With the French influence in Vietnam, the Notre Dame cathedral is a beautiful Catholic church. Attend a service or just visit.
7. Central Post Office – Designed by Gustave Eiffel, the Central Post Office in Ho Chi Minh City is an attraction mainly for its design and architecture. It’s a beautiful building.
8. War Remnants Museum – Although this is not one of the happiest attractions in Saigon, it’s a place to remember and honor the horrible events that are a result of a war.
9. Opera House – Right in Dong Khoi area, and there are still opera shows available.
10. Dong Khoi Street – This is the height of high end shopping in Saigon.
11. Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens – The zoo itself is not too great, but the beauty of the Saigon zoo is the botanical gardens, and the lush gardens, and taking a break from the city.
12. FITO Museum (Museum of Traditional Vietnamese Medicine) – I was quite impressed by the Vietnamese medicine private museum – very interactive and educational.
13. San Art Laboratory – If you love modern art, the San Art Laboratory is a great place to see and visit in Saigon.
14. Turtle Lake at Night – If you’re looking for some things to do at night in Saigon, head to Turtle Lake to chill out, relax, hang out with friends, and eat snacks.
15. Ben Thanh Market – One of the most famous things to do in Saigon District 1 is visit the Ben Thanh Market, one of the major central landmarks of the city.
16. Phu My Hung and Starlight Bridge – Located outside of central Ho Chi Minh City, Phu My Hung is a modern development, and a great place to walk around.
17. Water Puppet Show – Though originally from the north of Vietnam, water puppet shows are popular also in Saigon. I went to the Golden Dragon Water Puppet theater.
18. Museum of Vietnamese History – Probably one of the most extensive and important museum showing the history of Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City.
19. Rooftop Bar – Seeing Saigon from above offers a great perspective.
20. Fine Arts Museum – This was my favorite of all the museums in Saigon. The museum is housed in a well preserved building, and the art is amazing – located right in District 1 across the roundabout from Ben Thanh Market.
21. Jade Emperor Pagoda – Dedicated to the Jade Emperor, the pagoda has a real ancient feel to it, and it’s worth seeing when you visit.
22. Local Wet Market – One of my favorite things to do is visit a local fresh wet market, which you’ll find all over the city. The ingredients, food, and culture, all stand out at fresh markets.
23. Vietnamese Street Food – By my ultimate favorite activity in Saigon is eating street food, and there are an abundance of delicious Vietnamese street foods to sample.
Thank you for watching this video about the top 23 things to do in Saigon, Vietnam. I hope it has given you some great ideas to help you plan your visit.
Music in this video is from Audio Network
Filmed and created by Mark Wiens and Ying Wiens: & &
Make a donation:
►Get your FREE Saigon eBook:
Mark – you got get rid of the Thai tee shirt when doing Vietnam – a Faux pas on a GRAND SCALE – watch ya back
bruh, I was born in this city.
everybody can drink beer ,18<also
I live in Vietnam with my Vietnamese wife for approximately 10 ,I started youtube channel , got the idea from watching your channel but only in Vietnam and Thailand
shalom ,shalom , also do convey ,that the mother of my son , she receives the share of profit ,from our business partners in singapore , therefore ,for all matters regarding the comrades of vietnam ,they shall now seek the blessings of my son ,also .wish you a happy chinese new year .
for all matters concerning comrades of vietnam and singapore , they shall now officially seek his blessings and guidance ,in sumatra island ,indonesia .
good evening , mark ,convey to comrades in vietnam ,in my abscence they shall ,come and meet my son ,baba zai ,in sumatra island ,indonesia ,and they shall seek his blessings and guidance ,for all business matters and other matters as well , they shall give him the ,sacraments from the local budhist temple , when they come to meet him .
I live in Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam
if you travel and u look into this guys for goood FOOD..forget it…every food he eats, he always says delicious all the time.. that's why i don't like it
13:48 Girls in the background be like: "Hey, we're on camera."
ho chi minh mekong delta tour 1 day
Nice video that's good guide for me planning to go to Vietnam in Hanoi and Ho Chin Minh on May 2020
3:46 Dude you are 28 years old here in this video, but you like 45+ ?! dude – you need to enhance your calm.
23 things to do plus one more. Visa runs every 30 days as from 1st July 2020 Vietnam just committed suicide
like and comment if your vietnamese
MR. Mark W.~~
You are very lucky enough to travel to all the around the world. ~~
we wish we were there too.
my grandparents said that you looking good. ….
HHHHAAAAHHH AAAAAAHHHHH HHHHAAAAHHH HHHHHHHHH AAAAAAHHHHH OMG!
Great info mr mark, i'll be visiting vietnam soon but i'm not sure which interesting places my group will be visiting but i'm sure Saigon city will be one of the places and you know what it will be my first visit to the vietnam land
Loved the video! Thank you for your hard work 😀